**All opinions expressed are 100% my own. I was compensated for this post but this is a charity I support fully.**
- #HelpKidsLiveBetter by donating to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals at your local Walmart or Sam’s Club today!
- You can join your community in donating to your local children's hospital at a Walmart or Sam’s Club near you!
- Help make miracles happen for kids when you donate at your checkout today.
- Your donations help children’s hospitals provide the best care for the kids.
- Every minute 62 children enter a Children’s Miracle Network Hospital for treatment; your donations ensure these hospitals can provide the best care for these children.
- Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals in the U.S. provide more than $3.5 billion in charitable care every year.
- Last year Walmart customers and Sam’s Club members, like you, helped raise more than $60 million to #HelpKidsLiveBetter
- Every dollar raised at your local Walmart or Sam’s Club goes directly to your local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital.
- Since 1987 Walmart customers and Sam’s Club members together with store associates have raised nearly $1 billion for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
With Ben Jr, we had no idea what was going to happen. The doctors did not either. We were told that he could have any number of problems from brain damage, to cancer. We spent each day measuring his weight in grams. It took almost a month after he was born before we were even allowed to hold him. During his time in the hospital, we learned about every type of oxygen machine out there, learned what all the numbers mean on hospital monitors, and watched many feeding tubes be re-inserted after little fingers removed them!!
With Doug, I don't want to say things were easier, but in a sense they were because we knew the drill. Doug's birth was not as hard, and with him it only took about two weeks before we could hold him. Doug had a much better APGAR score when he was born, but he did need to be on oxygen longer then Ben. The longer you are on oxygen, the greater chance you have of long term complications. We were very lucky that he did not have any long term issues. Doug did have a hernia, and because he only weighed 4 lbs 10 oz when he came home, we needed to wait a month before he could have the surgery needed. He then had to go back to the hospital and spend another two days.
We owe a lot to our hospital for everything they did for both boys, especially considering they are 100% healthy now!! Ben Jr is 10 years old, and Doug is 7 years old.
From obvious personal experience, we know how scary it is to have a child in the hospital. We also know how hard the nurses, and doctors work to make your child better. Ben Sr and I make a point to donate to the Children's Miracle Network every year on each child's birthday. My parents also make donations. Now it is easier then ever for you to help out a great cause. The next time you are out shopping at Walmart or Sams Club, please make a donation. Every bit helps!! Thank you!!
This post is written by . She is a Wife, and Mother of two boys living in New England. This post may contain affiliate links.