**All opinions expressed are 100% my own. I was not compensated for this post. I was given product for review purposes.**
I am always trying to find new and fun things to include in my kids Easter baskets that are not just candy.
Ben Jr in particular loves to read fact books, and learn interesting trivia.
In the 2016 World Almanac, you get a ton of fun facts like how much gold was owned in the U.S. last year, to things like Vermont has less people then Rhode Island!!
The World Almanac® and Book of Facts 2016
~ The Newest Edition of the Best-Selling Reference Book Features Most Memorable Super Bowls, 2016Election Guide, and More ~
New York, NY (December 1, 2015)—What were the most memorable milestones of 2015? Which moments caused the biggest uproar for fans at the Women’s World Cup? How did U.S. immigration policy evolve to where it stands today? While 2015 may be coming to a close, the events will endure in The World Almanac® and Book of Facts 2016, available in print on December 1 and as an eBook for all platforms on December 9. This latest edition of America’s best-selling reference book contains thousands of facts that are unavailable publicly elsewhere, and will quickly become your go-to source for the upcoming year.
New features include “U.S. Immigration: A Statistical Feature,” covering the historical background, statistics, and legal issues surrounding immigration; “World Almanac® Editors’ Picks: Most Memorable Super Bowls,” in which the editors revisit the most unforgettable “big games;” as well as brand-new employment statistics and a 2016 election guide. Making their return are the popular sections “Year in Sports,” “Top 10 News Topics,” “The World at a Glance,” and “Time Capsule.”
“The World Almanac® and Book of Facts has remained a constant, authoritative source for well over a century,” said Sarah Janssen, senior editor of The World Almanac®. “Although our world is constantly evolving and breaking news is always a click away, there are some events you want to keep in a tangible record. With The World Almanac® and Book of Facts 2016, the events, places, and people of 2015 will be documented for all generations to come.”
Highlights from The World Almanac® and Book of Facts 2016 include:
- World Almanac® Editors’ Picks: Most Memorable Super Bowls: On the eve of Super Bowl 50, the editors of The WorldAlmanac® choose the most memorable “big games.”
- U.S. Immigration: A Statistical Feature: The World Almanac® covers the historical background, statistics, and legal issues surrounding immigration, giving factual context to one of the hot-button topics of the upcoming election cycle.
- 2016 Election Guide: With a historic number of contenders for the presidential nominations, The World Almanac® provides information that every primary- and general-election voter will need to make an informed decision, including information on state primaries, campaign fundraising, and the issues voters care about most in 2016.
- New Employment Statistics: Five years after the peak of the great recession, The World Almanac® takes a look at current and historic data on employment and unemployment, industries generating job growth, and the training and educational paths that lead to careers.
- The Year in Review: The World Almanac® takes a look back at 2015 while providing all the information you’ll need in 2016.
- 2015—Top 10 News Topics: The editors of The World Almanac® list the top stories that held their attention in 2015.
- 2015—Year in Sports: Hundreds of pages of trivia and statistics that are essential for any sports fan, featuring complete coverage of the first College Football Playoff, the 2015 Women’s World Cup, the 2015 World Series, and much more.
- 2015—Year in Pictures: Striking full-color images from around the world in 2015, covering news, entertainment, science, and sports.
- 2015—Offbeat News Stories: The World Almanac® editors highlight some of the strangest news stories of the year.
- 2015—Time Capsule: The World Almanac® lists the items that most came to symbolize the year 2015, from news and sports to pop culture.
- The World at a Glance: This annual feature of The World Almanac® provides a quick look at the surprising stats and curious facts that define the changing world.
The World Almanac® and Book of Facts 2016 is available for purchase at www.worldalmanac.com and wherever books are sold. For the eBook version, please check your online retailer.
About The World Almanac®
The World Almanac®'s history as a publisher of award-winning reference titles dates back more than 140 years. The imprint includes the iconic title The World Almanac® and Book of Facts, the best-selling American reference book of all time.
The World Almanac® brand is part of Infobase Holdings (www.infobaseholdings.com), an educational media company that owns such well-known brands as Facts On File, Films Media Group, Chelsea House, Bloom's, and Ferguson’s. Infobase is a portfolio company investment of Veronis Suhler Stevenson (www.vss.com), a private equity firm that invests in the media, information, and education industries.
Do you have someone who loves to learn fun facts?? Do you enjoy teaching people things they probably never would have known?? Then this is the book for you!!
You can purchase the book at worldalmanac.com and at many local book stores!!
Would you like to win a copy?? 4 lucky winners will each get a copy!!
Enter below using the rafflecopter, and good luck!!
This post is written by Sarah Coulsey. She is a Wife, and Mother of two boys living in New England. This post may contain affiliate links.