Since 1990, club owners Bruce and Pam Boring have traveled California's wine country searching for limited-production wines from small, family-owned wineries dedicated to the art of making fine wine. Whether for yourself or a gift, CWC membership is an adventure in wine tasting that will not be experienced anywhere else.
They journey not only to Napa and Sonoma, but to less-explored wine regions like Santa Barbara, Monterey, the Sierra Foothills and beyond.
Membership costs nothing, you can cancel anytime, and every wine is 100% guaranteed.
More than three-quarters of California's 3,500+ wineries are small, boutique, mom-and-pop operations whose wines never travel beyond their local markets and private customer lists. Come discover them with us!
With Christmas right around the corner, I know a lot of you are still trying to find that perfect gift. If you have wine lovers on your list, you should really consider The California Wine Club.
I received two shipments of wine to review. My second shipment consisted of a 2009 Merlot and a 2011 Chenin Blanc.
Now I will never claim to be a wine connoisseur, but my years working at the Olive Garden and pairing wines with food gave me some knowledge!!
The Merlot has a complex blend of cranberry, blueberry and black cherry flavors. It is a silky wine that should be drunk as a appetizer because it is so smooth.
The Chenin Blanc has a peach or pear (its hard to tell) and honey taste to it. To me this is a desert wine that I would pair with something creamy like an ice cream.
Both wines were very tasty. We enjoyed sipping them with our meals. It was a nice treat.
If you have a family member that enjoys wine, for the holidays give the California Wine Club as a gift.
As a member you get these great benefits-
- Discovering smaller, award-winning wineries whose wines are not typically found in local stores or wine shops. Click here to read about recently featured wineries and the families behind their award-winning wines!
- A fun and easy way to learn about wine and California's wine scene with our informative and beautiful 12-page, full color newsletter, Uncorked.
- Convenient, "to your door" delivery.
- No more guessing, no hassle and no more bad wine.
- Your wines can be delivered monthly, every other month or even quarterly.
- No bulk, closeout or private label wines... ever!
- Three and four bottle shipments are available, and we'll pay the extra cost of shipping.
- Winery Direct means no distributor, no middleman and the best choice of wine at the lowest possible price.
- Savings of up to 50% off normal retail when you reorder your favorites.
- Experienced wine consultants to assist you with your wine choices and questions.
- Wine Country Travel Experts...let us help you plan your next wine country getaway.
There are four different memberships you can choose from-
- Premier Club - Our most popular club!
- Signature Series - For collectors and connoisseurs!
- International Selections - From small "mom & pop" wineries around the world.
- Aged Cabernet Series - Napa's most prestigious Cabernets aged 8 - 12 years.
The California Wine Club is also hosting a terrific giveaway right now. You can enter to win-
1) One of four, Three Month Wine Club membership (A $150 value you can give as a gift, or keep for yourself)
2) One of 50 handy Two Bottle Wine Totes ($25 value)
3) One of 50 Red Tulip Music wine country CD's ($15 value)
Good luck entering. I hope one of you win!!!
**All opinions expressed are 100% my own. I was not compensated for this post. I was given the above wines for this review thanks to Mom Spark Media.**
This post is written by Sarah Coulsey. She is a Wife, and Mother of two boys living in New England.