Since 1990, club owners Bruce and Pam Boring have traveled California's wine country searching for limited-production wines from small, family-owned wineries dedicated to the art of making fine wine. Whether for yourself or a gift, CWC membership is an adventure in wine tasting that will not be experienced anywhere else.
They journey not only to Napa and Sonoma, but to less-explored wine regions like Santa Barbara, Monterey, the Sierra Foothills and beyond.
Membership costs nothing, you can cancel anytime, and every wine is 100% guaranteed.
More than three-quarters of California's 3,500+ wineries are small, boutique, mom-and-pop operations whose wines never travel beyond their local markets and private customer lists. Come discover them with us!
My Sister, Mother in Law, and Aunt in Law (that sounds weird!!) love wine. Ashley has been to every winery in New England, and my Mother in law and Aunt in law, have been to many themselves. So when I was given the chance to review wine from The California Wine Club, I thought of them!!
The first shipment I received was of two bottles from the Robledo Family Winery. We received a 2008 Sauvignon Blanc and a 2009 Tempranillo.
Now I will never claim to be a wine connoisseur, but my years working at the Olive Garden and pairing wines with food gave me some knowledge!!
The Sauvignon Blanc is a dry citrus tasting wine with a hint of lemongrass. It is a great wine to pair with a fish dish like oysters or we drank it with grilled shrimp and scampi. Yum!!
The Tempranillo is a heavier red wine with a cranberry and spice taste to it. To me this is more a dessert wine. I would pair this with a nice Filet Mignon and/or a chocolate desert.
Both wines were very tasty. We enjoyed sipping them with our meals. It was a nice treat.
If you have a family member that enjoys wine, for the holidays give the California Wine Club as a gift.
As a member you get these great benefits-
- Discovering smaller, award-winning wineries whose wines are not typically found in local stores or wine shops. Click here to read about recently featured wineries and the families behind their award-winning wines!
- A fun and easy way to learn about wine and California's wine scene with our informative and beautiful 12-page, full color newsletter, Uncorked.
- Convenient, "to your door" delivery.
- No more guessing, no hassle and no more bad wine.
- Your wines can be delivered monthly, every other month or even quarterly.
- No bulk, closeout or private label wines... ever!
- Three and four bottle shipments are available, and we'll pay the extra cost of shipping.
- Winery Direct means no distributor, no middleman and the best choice of wine at the lowest possible price.
- Savings of up to 50% off normal retail when you reorder your favorites.
- Experienced wine consultants to assist you with your wine choices and questions.
- Wine Country Travel Experts...let us help you plan your next wine country getaway.
There are four different memberships you can choose from-
- Premier Club - Our most popular club!
- Signature Series - For collectors and connoisseurs!
- International Selections - From small "mom & pop" wineries around the world.
- Aged Cabernet Series - Napa's most prestigious Cabernets aged 8 - 12 years.
The California Wine Club is also hosting a terrific giveaway right now. You can enter to win-
1) One of four, Three Month Wine Club membership (A $150 value you can give as a gift, or keep for yourself)
2) One of 50 handy Two Bottle Wine Totes ($25 value)
3) One of 50 Red Tulip Music wine country CD's ($15 value)
Good luck entering. I hope one of you win!!!
**All opinions expressed are 100% my own. I was not compensated for this post. I was given the above wines for this review.**
This post is written by Sarah Coulsey. She is a Wife, and Mother of two boys living in New England.