It’s Cable TV's #1 Series for Kids 2-5!
DISNEY JUNIOR'S NEWEST HIT ANIMATED TV SERIES
RELEASES FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME ON DISNEY DVD & DIGITAL COPY, AUGUST 21
“Doc McStuffins: Friendship Is The Best Medicine” Will Include Five Full Length Episodes of the TV Series
BURBANK, CA, June 1, 2012 – Disney Junior’s newest hit animated TV series geared to kids ages 2-7, “Doc McStuffins,” will be available for the first time ever on Disney DVD and Digital Copy, August 21, 2012. Sure to become a fan favorite with parents and kids alike, “Doc McStuffins: Friendship Is The Best Medicine” includes a DVD featuring five full length episodes, each consisting of two 11-minute stories, a Digital Copy of the episodes - perfect for kids to watch anytime, anywhere – and also comes packaged with Doc’s special Big Book of Boo-Boos with fun activities plus character and boo-boo bandage stickers.
The characters and themes featured in “Doc McStuffins” are all made to be relatable to young viewers and are designed to ease kids' trepidations about everything from a doctor's visit to removing a splinter. Many of the stories directly address the kinds of issues that parents face with their young children when it comes to good health, hygiene and trips to the doctor’s office. It’s the perfect series to have on-hand and add to your home entertainment collection.
The lovable characters in the series are voiced by Kiara Muhammad as Doc; Loretta Devine as Hallie; Lara Jill Miller as Lambie; Robbie Rist as Stuffy; Jess Harnell as Chilly; Jaden Betts as Donny McStuffins; Kim Brooks as Mom McStuffins; and Gary Anthony Williams as Dad McStuffins. The series' theme song is performed by the star of Disney Channel's hit series "A.N.T. Farm" and Hollywood Records recording artist, China Anne McClain. Created and executive-produced by Humanitas Prize and Emmy® Award-winning Chris Nee (writer on "Little Bill" and producer of "Deadliest Catch: Crab Fishing in Alaska") and directed by Emmy® Award-winning Norton Virgien ("Rugrats"), "Doc McStuffins" is a production of Academy Award® nominated Brown Bag Films (Best Animated Short Film “Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty” in 2010) in association with Disney Channel. The Hollywood Health & Society division of the USC Annenberg Norman Lear Center serves as the series' health and medical consultants, advising on basic health issues that are relevant to young kids and families.
EPISODES FEATURED ON THE DVD:
The DVD contains five full length episodes, each consisting of two 11-minute stories, that highlight some of Doc’s favorite toys.
· ENGINE NINE, FEELIN’ FINE! - Doc and her toys learn a lesson about dehydration after discovering that Donny's toy fire engine has run out of water.
· THE RIGHT STUFF - Stuffy rips his tail and tries to hide it from Doc and the other toys and learns that anyone can get hurt – even brave dragons.
· CAUGHT BLUE-HANDED – When a mysterious rash of blue spots breaks out among some of the toys in the clinic, Doctraces the "Mystery Pox" back to Donny's toy monster, Glo-Bo who had been finger-painting earlier in the day and forgot to wash his hands. Glo-Bo is voiced by Jim Belushi.
· TO SQUEAK, OR NOT TO SQUEAK – Doc helps a plastic toy duck get his voice back after his squeaker pops out.
· BEN/ANNA SPLIT! - When Doc's huggy monkey doll Ben loses the velcro patch that attaches him to his sister Anna,Doc glues it back on and tells him that he will have to stay in the clinic overnight while it dries.
· THAT’S JUST CLAW-FUL - Doc prescribes physical therapy for her crab bath toy Hermie after she reattaches one of his claws that has fallen off.
· THE RIP HEARD ROUND THE WORLD - While dancing with Lambie, Doc accidentally rips a hole in her fur.
· WALKIE-TALKIE TIME - Doc diagnoses a toy walkie-talkie with "Staticosis" and helps find his missing antenna so he can communicate clearly again.
· DARK KNIGHT - During a sleepover with all of her toys, Doc discovers that Sir Kirby is afraid of the dark and prescribes a night light to cure him of the "Dark Willies."
· HALLIE GETS AN EARFUL - When Hallie is having trouble hearing, Doc gives her a hearing test and realizes that she has extra cotton stuck in her ears.
Suggested Retail Pricing: 1-Disc DVD + Digital Copy Hybrid = $19.99 U.S./$26.99 Canada
Feature Run Time: Approxi
About “Doc McStuffins”:
"Doc McStuffins" is an imaginative animated series about Doc McStuffins, a six-year-old girl who communicates with and heals stuffed animals and broken toys out of her backyard playhouse clinic. Assisting Doc with the day-to-day operations at the clinic are her much-loved friends: Stuffy, an overly proud dragon; Lambie, her cuddly best friend; Hallie, a jolly and caring hippo nurse; Squeakers, an alarmist squeaky toy fish; and Chilly, a snowman who spends a lot of time getting check-ups at the clinic. Whether it's a case of loose stitching, low batteries or a blow-up toy who's sprung a leak, Doc and her pals are always there to lend a helping hand, while imparting to young viewers the importance of taking care of oneself and others. Each episode features two 11-minute stories and an original song and showcases the hallmarks of great Disney storytelling – fantasy and wish fulfillment.
About The TV Series:
“Doc McStuffins” is an animated television series that airs daily on both the Disney Junior programming block on Disney Channel and the new 24-hour Disney Junior channel. It is cable's #1 series among Kids 2-5, and 2012's #1 preschool cable TV series in Total Viewers and Women 18-49.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For more than 85 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company (DIS: NYSE) was built. Today, the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under four banners: Walt Disney Pictures, which includes Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Touchstone Pictures and Marvel. Through the Home Entertainment division, innovative distribution methods provide access to creative content across multiple platforms. Original music and motion picture soundtracks are produced under Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records, while Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Broadway theatrical productions, Disney on Ice and Disney LIVE!. For more information, please visit www.disney.com.
With all of the traveling we have been doing lately, Doug has gotten to watch the DVD many times!! He asks for it as soon as we get in the car!!!
Don't forget to get your copy of Doc McStuffins- Friendship is the Best Medicine today!!
**All opinions expressed are 100% my own. I was not compensated for this post. I did receive a copy of the DVD and the Doctor supplies for Doug in order to write this review**