It's official; Spring has sprung! To many people, spring is synonymous with blue skies, flowers and chocolate bunnies. And while we can all appreciate these reasons to celebrate, our crew is also aware of something else that's blooming- the start of allergy season! Just like we did in Fall, we'll weather the ups and downs of the season together, with support from other Moms and the power of Children's Claritin®. Since there is strength in numbers, our group has grown by leaps and bounds! With even more parents of allergy sufferers connecting to share tips, stories and solutions, there's nothing that Spring can throw at us that we can't handle. Our goal is to enjoy as much of this beautiful season as we can and we hope you'll join us as we savor the start of Spring!
Spring Allergy Tips
It's not surprising that in the season notorious for allergies, we have the most tips to share! Beginning as early as February, invisible pollens from hardwood deciduous trees are big troublemakers for many allergy sufferers. But there's no reason to be miserable. These tips can help you minimize your exposure to allergens, and be prepared as possible for the pollen storm that's on the horizon.
- Start taking Claritin® allergy products as soon as symptoms start.
- Having medication on hand will help you prepare for allergy symptoms.
- Know your nemesis.
- When you understand what triggers your allergy symptoms, you can make an extra effort to avoid them. For example, grass pollen levels rise when grass is disturbed, so if that's one of your triggers, wear a mask when mowing or avoid mowing altogether.
- Beat the clock.
- Peak pollen production can occur in early morning, so try to plan outside activities at other times of the day.
- Check the forecast.
- Avoid going outdoors when pollen counts are high. Also, heavy rains wash pollen from the air, making post-shower outings more comfortable. Beware of dry, windy days when pollen can be particularly intense. (Get the pollen counts and weather forecast for your area and sign up for the Claritin® Allergy Forecast.)