Today's Make Me Laugh is a quick story/fact that I should never have had to learn!!
This past week as I was driving on the highway, my 5 year old turns to me and says "Look Mommy" That is never a good sign.
I turn around quickly to look (Yes while still driving) to see that Ben had broke a glow stick with his teeth.
Now being a Mother, I try not to flip out too much, but occasionally I just can't hold it in!!!
I was extremely scared and hit the gas to rush him to the hospital. All of the liquid was gone from the tube. I didn't know if it was toxic or not, I mean come on it GLOWS in the dark!!!
We made it to the ER, and I rushed the two kids inside. The ER staff was pretty quick (about a half hour to get in, with me shaking!!)
They called Poison Control, and they told us that the goo is not toxic, but that it can cause an allergic reaction including breathing trouble.
Ben was monitored for a little while, and then released.
I went home and had a drink!!!